Friday, February 15, 2008

symbolism

I was listening to a sports talk radio program, can't remember the host but it might have been Steve Czaban, and he has a segment known as I'm so done with. I'm so done with the PINK ribbons and every other form of PINK awareness that has over taken our society.

I got to thinking about this the other day while shopping. As I walked up and down the isles I noticed a trend starting to occur and it was PINK. I have nothing against breast cancer, or a supple womens breast, nor the companies which try to entice me to purchase something from them so they will make a contribution to the cause. I'm fed up with breast cancer being the only form of cancer that gets news worthy coverage. The amount of cancers in our society is quite extensive and yet somehow breast cancer has become the poster child for the movement.
Breast cancer can occur in children and men, something not widely known because the womens movement has dwarfed the other areas of cancer research.

No comments: