Friday, June 20, 2008

sometimes you just get that tingling feeling

I must say KUDOS to the public works department employees today that saved a life(not a human one). This is the time of year that turtles have decided the grass is always greener on the other side of the road. I'm not a big animal rights person but I am getting sick and tired of seeing turtles squashed on the road because our idiot drivers aren't watching the road or just plain don't care and run over the little guys. Granted I have never swerved on the other side of the road to miss a turtle nor have I ever ditched myself to save one of the species, but for people to blatantly run over them is just plain WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://mdc.mo.gov/nathis/herpetol/turtles/

All these little guys would like to do is cross the road and make it to the other side safely, well today a couple guys from the public works department stopped along side the road and picked up a large turtle and the two smaller turtles chasing after it and moved them safely to the other side of the busy highway. Luckily these turtles had made it to the center line without meeting a rubber flattener then got an assist from a compassionate person who like me probably doesn't like to see turtles smashed out of ignorance.

No comments: