Friday, November 16, 2007

Tax the Rich, say Warren Buffett

Billionaire investor Warren Buffett wants Uncle Sam to take a big bite out of your estate when you die.

I don't proclaim to be a millionaire, but I would sure like to get there before I pass on, or at least get closer then I currently am. What I don't need is someone that is already there having guilty feelings about being successful and then trying to proclaim that he can't stop it.

Mr Buffett by donating a HUGE portion of your net assetts to the Bill & Linda Gates foundation you have dropped the assets in your holding company which will then pay less in estate taxes. Since you have these pangs of guilt since you don't pay enough taxes, please open your checkbook and write a check to Uncle Sam, there is NO law against it.

Ever hear the old saying "put your money where your mouth is" please do so and I'll commend you for be a moralist individual but until you actually do something besides try to rework a taxcode to your benefit it does nothing to help those that you proclaim to be helping.

No comments: