Saturday, November 15, 2008

shameless plug

Recently while my wife was driving home the transmission in her Suburban locked in what is referred to as "limp home gear". This allows for a vehicle still to be driven just at a second gear ratio. 16 months and 15,000 miles ago before leaving on a CA vacation we had ACE Transmission out on W. Kearney put a transmission in the suburban since it was beginning to slip.
My first instinct was to jump up and down and cuss out the people at ACE since I knew this transmission was just barely out of warranty, which is 12 months and 12,000 miles.
The very next day I went down to ACE explained my situation and informed the gentlemen behind the counter I would be a rather upset customer if the need was another transmission. ACE also replaced the transmission on my company truck just this past summer so I was quite worried that in another year I would have another transmission meltdown.
After having my wife's vehicle down there for the day they called to inform me it was done and I asked my son to drop his mother off at ACE to pick it up. I was quite surprised when she got home and informed me that a wiring problem was the cause of the problem an that there was NO charge for the repair work. Wiring is NOT under warranty in any manner so ACE went above and beyond the call of duty to fix our vehicle and there customer service was outstanding.

No comments: